Saturday, August 15, 2020

To Me

When i gaze over this hazy spin

The spiral locks eye with me and says

“Come on in”


Though it might be just a single line,

Undulating in time, so fine

Weave of a legend or tale of a liar

Reaching out for me like the arms of a fire

She takes control of my senses, six — and says

“just wait until you feel what’s in this mix”

And when my eyes roll in to the back of my head

That’s when the madness will reveal itself,


    To me



So i dig my heels into this groove,

The world is spinning by, but i cannot move

It’s a feeling that’s so contrary

Of being moved around while i’m stationary 


Round and round while i take this tour - she says

“there’s a lot to be guessed, and you can never be sure”

But when my eyes roll in to the back of my head

The beast of confusion retracts its claws and speaks


    To me



Stepping on that box I take my shot 

But he laughs and says ‘Is that all you’ve got?’

And I stand there like the fool on the hill

Sans insight and only half the skill 


It slips away and that’s exactly when - she says

“Well you’ve lost now, but you can try again”

So when my eyes roll in to the back of my head

That’s when I see what music means 


    To me


**************************************************

Some conversations are so meta and imaginary


No comments: