Friday, August 14, 2020

Silly Geometry

                

      Start with a point, grow it into a line

      Criss-crossing through all of time

      All these lines, curved in time and space

      Arranging you and me in the same place

      But now just feels so anachronic, so

      Frame-drag me into yesterday


        Because as soon as you appear, you start to leave

Why does time have to be, so cruel to me?


          Stuck in this silly geometry        



      Dotted my i’s and i crossed the t’s

      Might even say that i’m at ease

      Ironed it out and now the jig’s complete

      Ready for this extraordinary feat

      But this fabric is so convoluted

      I wouldn’t really have it any other way

        Because as soon as you appear, you start to leave

Why does time have to be, so cruel to me?


          Stuck in this silly geometry  



        You take away a piece of me when you go 

        What kind of sorcery i just don’t know

        And all that there is left to do is wait



      Opened my mind, now i feel so free

      But it’s hard to get a grip on reality


Because as soon as you appear, you start to leave

Why does time have to be so cruel to me?

I roam around this loop so endless

And now i’m just a royal mess

Because i’m stuck 


          Stuck in this silly geometry 


*************************************************************************


Damn time loops and desire.


(That album's finally happening.) 



No comments: