Monday, August 08, 2005

So, Uncle....hows the paper this time??

I got stuck with invigilation ...again. Maybe,watching over "lil" engineering kids answering an exam could be quite interesting, entertaining even. But try watching over someone 20 friggin' years older than you, write his 1'st year paper for the nth time.... you'd think after 'n' attempts....he might actually study this time, but noooo.... he has just devised a (n+1)th method to copy in an exam hall.

Since this was the last year B.U students could write their back papers at the college where they "studied" in, I was given "instructions" to let them copy.... something like.."..let them to refer the chitss...but dont letting them to converse..." eh???
also,"... ward should not move around in the class room" ....EH????

Thats what I was up against....so I enter the class room, and I see 23 people, very happy that I have entered the class.....somehow, word spreads quick....especially when the "word" is about the "kid" who's coming to invigilate today. One buldoo looks at me and asks..." Saar you want my mobile phone...?"...eh?
Yes, that would be nice,also,please ask your son to come back later...I know he's anxious about his father's exam,but he could get long, life-lasting emotional stigma!

One of them was from the 83 batch... EIGHTY THREE!!! I was just 2 years old then!!!! Its probably a nice plan....dude tries hand at engineering, fails missssserrrably...but does'nt want to give up, so gets woman pregnant and marries ...waits for child to join engineering.... then shares notes!!! then passes with flying colours... Alas! it is'nt a "flawless" plan. owing to a factor of "Syllabus Change"!!! also a factor of "probable divorce n no-custody"....

Coming back to me in the classroom....
...So I got tossed around the room....people walked in and out, passed chits, flung question papers out of the window...."why" you ask? so that their "accomplices"(or children,in few cases) could quickly "solve" the paper and appropriately XEROX certain parts of certain text-books, and then "smuggle" the solutions into the exam hall.

Yeah! Watching them at work was awessome!!!

In their defense...."We can't study anymore..." and "...My bakery needs me..." and "I have to get married, I really REALLY NEED a degree"...then really REALLY study!!!

They go all out, these guys...
Even booked the "squad"... that was fun....sometime in between, this huge punk...a cross between a doberman and an elephant's turd..... walked into the room...joined his hands and said "pranaam" to me... next minute he's busy collecting cash from each bozo in the room...."Squad-igey kaasu..." and one big grin..."adjust madkoli saar"
Great!...how'bout I shove a jackfruit up your arse???Yeah!...adjust THAT mo-fuckah!

Anyway, it was'nt that bad....had some fun too.... saw this 97 batch bakra, young n trendy...meaning just 2 years older than me...making him my "super" senior...
...so I walk up to him, watching him burn his answer sheet with answers straight out from some xerox'd notes... look carefully at him....
"You from Ramaiah??" I ask...
"Yeah...why?" .....at that precise moment my eyes brighten and ...
"You RAGGED me did'nt you?????HUH??"....
"NOOO.... I dont think so,...wait..are you mallyalee?? I only ragged mallus..." ...more scaring ...
"No, I remember your face...you ragged me when I was in first year....I'll never forget your face..." ...now he's a lil disturbed...visibly...
"Oh..er..I'm sorry, please dont keep in mind...okay? huh? please."...yeah...heheheh!
...well, as donkey would say..... "uuuunh!!!...thas NAAAYSTEYH!!!"

On the other side...there are dudes that really want to get thru honestly...
this one dude had 28 papers last year, out of which he managed to clear 15... now has 13 papers...And I'm helping him out with one of them....God Bless him! (Well that did'nt quite sound right)

3 comments:

Abhi Menon said...

oh tumba poi neevu.....

tht was good the way u got that super senior....he he...
so howz life.... i am on my own crusade against those damn roaches...will win some day....
(of coz this refers to ur previous post)...

Krishnaraj P M said...

hey pinto,
i have had same experiences. was thinking whether to write it or not. good that you have written about this whole dirty episode.
who do you think should be blamed for this mess?

Maharaj said...

haha...you got some funnny bones...liked the part about the ragging.